Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy half Birthday!!

Happy half-birthday to my beloved pair. It's hard to believe. Sometimes March feels like forever ago, and other times it feels like yesterday. Six-month-olds used to seem so big and old to me, but now we're here! It's wild. Mason, my first born, my big boy, also known as baby "A" my entire pregnancy. We'll see what Wednesday's pediatrician visit brings, but I'm guessing he's over 20 pounds now. He's so strong, stronger every day. Pushing with the legs, standing and rolling over. All day long, mouth open, tongue hanging out, drooling like a mad man. Smiling ear to ear. He loves new people and new things, will smile at just about anyone. Those beautiful eyes have been dark brown since he about 2 months old. Meghan, my beautiful little girl. Lots of curls, which I think she holds the world record for so much hair at such a young age. Big, Beautiful blue eyes that you can't miss. They are just so gorgeous. We still have not figured out where she get them. I think she is pushing a little over 19 lbs. She loves to be in her Johnny Jump up and recently started to be very good at sitting by herself. Lately she's been all about the silly noises, sucking and clicking with her tongue and blowing raspberries for a good half hour straight.
It's amazing to think of how different they are. Personality, interaction, sheer strength. From such little newborns to big babies starting to do things on their own. There have, no doubt, been some really hard times. And I know there will be new hard times to come. But on the whole, it is only getting better and more fun. Who knew We'd ever be so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers